Doctors of chiropractic use more than 55 different procedures and methods. Practices you may experience include:
- Chiropractic adjustments restore motion to joints, reducing pain and enabling the injured tissue to heal.
- The Activator Technique involves use of a small device to apply pressure or gentle force to misaligned vertebrae.
- Mysofacial treatments use massage or pressure to relieve pain from knotted muscle fibers called “trigger points.”
- Flexion-Distraction treatments use a motorized table to gently stretch and relieve pressure on your spine while your DC focuses on problem areas.
- Applied Kinesiology helps balance tense or loose muscles that pull a bone out of alignment. A combination of massage and manipulation is typical of this technique.
- Logan Basic Technique uses sustained, gentle pressure at the sacrum, located at the base of the spine, to correct the spine.
- Cox Flexion Distraction relieves lower back pain through stretching or traction of the spine.